Driver Swing Speed Drill
In the Driver Swing Speed Drill lesson, we are going to look at a drill to help you work out your optimum driver swing speed. The drill will help you to improve your ability to hit your driver more effectively.
What You Will Learn
- When to start reading the green
- How greens are constructed and how that affects your putt
- Identifying green slopes
- Grass grain and how it affects ball speed
What You Need
- A media device mobile, tablet, laptop or computer
- Internet connection
- Practice area or driving range
- Golf balls
- Tee pegs x 4
- Tour sticks x 1
- Golf club driver
Driver Stability Drill
The driver swing speed drill is easy to set up and provides instant visual and kinetic feedback. Simply follow the set-up instructions and allow yourself sufficient time to practice.
Set up the drill by:
- Set up a tour stick on the ground to provide the position for your target side foot position
- Then place 4 tee pegs into the ground in line with the tour stick. This will make sure that your stance and ball position are correct
- Place a ball on the last tee peg
Complete the Drill
- Starting off on the first tee peg, go through your shot routine but on swing the club a 50% of your max speed
- The second peg 60%
- Third peg 70%
- The final peg with the ball 80%
- Go through this process a few, times keeping balance and a smooth rhythm
- What you are looking for is the optimal swing speed that you can achieve, without losing balance and that your ball goes where you are aiming
The next lesson in the Advanced Shot Coaching Plan is Playing the Driver 2ft Drill.
Next Lesson – Driver 2ft Drill
In the Driver Swing 2ft Drill lesson, we are going to look at a drill to help you work out a way you deal with driver tee nerves.