Driver 2Ft Drill
In the Driver Swing 2ft Drill lesson, we are going to look at a drill to help you work out a way you deal with driver tee nerves. The drill will help you to develop a routine to relax and keep your tempo when driving off the tee.
What You Will Learn
- A drill to help you deal with driver tee nerves
- Develop a routine to relax and keep your tempo when driving off the tee
What You Need
- A media device mobile, tablet, laptop or computer
- Internet connection
- Practice area or driving range
- Golf balls
- Golf club driver
- Tee pegs
Driver Stability Drill
The driver swing speed drill is easy to set up and provides instant visual and kinetic feedback. Simply follow the set-up instructions and allow yourself sufficient time to practice.
Set up the drill by:
- Place a ball on the tee peg
Complete the Drill
- Go through a couple of practice swings with a very narrow stance
- When you go to hit the ball set up with your normal stance width
- Go through this process a few, times keeping balance and a smooth rhythm
- What you are looking for is the feeling of being grounded when you take up your normal stance
- This combined with optimal swing speed will help you to deal with tee box nerves because, you have a routine to focus on.
- If you try and rush the shot and swing to hard during your practice swings, you will lose your balance. That will hopefully slow things down a little
That’s the last lesson in the Driver Coaching Plan for now. We will be adding more video training plans as we develop the site.
Next Lesson – Golf Strategy School Podcast
- Actionable tips and strategies saving you shots on the course.